I have just started working on getting settled in down here in Texas. We are living in a suburb of the state capital of Austin, TX. Milly got transferred down here and her boss found a good job for me, since it made no sense for us to move here without both of us drawing a check every week. We are looking to buy or build a house, although so far we are renting a house. We have learned that things are a bit different here. If you go check out this site https://www.choosetexaspower.org/energy-plans.html then you can figure out how you get to pick your own power company down here. From what I have read there are something in the area of one hundred different electric providers in the state of Texas. Continue reading
I am trying to figure out my budget so that I can afford a few things. The fist thing is that I would like to find a new apartment in Manchester CT. I have no real need to have a place that is any nicer than the one that I have and the location of this place is really good for me. I can get up, get ready and get to work in about half an hour. The place would be fine if I did not have a couple of maniacs living down the hall from me. The entire problem is that there are these two guys who can not stand one another and have made it an issue for all of the other residents of the place. In fact I sort of wonder if these guys are not real threats to do something quite crazy. Continue reading
This is a very easy spicy potato masala receipe. Potato loved by all age groups, so you will love this dish. This can go as a starter or side dish for main meal.
Let’s start to make spicy potato tawa masala.
- 3-4 big half boiled potato
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1/2 tbsp red chill powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp mango powder(aam chur)
- 1 tbsp hing (Asafoetida)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Peel off the potato skin and cut it in round circle
- Take a bowl and mix ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, red chilli powder, garam masala, aam chur powder, turmeric, coriander powder, corn flour( for coating), hing for taste
- Mix everything properly and make a mixture to marinate, the marinate mixture should stick to potato properly
- Now coat the potato one by one with the mixture
- Take a non stick pan and put some oil for shallow fry
- Start putting the potatoes and keep toasting it on both sides
- The color would turn to golden brown , make sure you toast on medium flame for 2-3 minutes, so that the masala didn’t get burn and it get cooked properly.
- Once its cooked, take it out from pan and serve
Tip: You can garnish with chopped coriander(dhaniya).
This is the easiest and quick recipe and loved by everyone. Kids love this dish. It would take 10 minutes max to cook. We can also used this as dosa potato masala and it will go with dosa and, chappati as well.
- 4-5 big boiled potatoes(Mashed)
- 1 large onion chopped
- 5-6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Jeera (cumin seeds)
- 1 green chilli chopped
- 1 cup chopped Fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp of refined oil or olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Head the pan and add 1 tbsp oil
- Add green chilli, cumin seeds, onion and garlic and stir for about 1 minute
- Add chilli powder, turmeric, salt. Mix properly and saute on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add mashed potatoes and increase the heat and fry till it gets little brown
- Add the fresh coriander and mix it completely to make it bit sof
- Server the dish and garnish it with chopped fresh coriander.
Appam Mutta Curry is perhaps the most famous Kerala dish outside and inside of Kerala. Here is the steps to prepare the one and only Appam & Mutta Curry. For all non-keralites you can call it Kerala Style lacy pancakes and egg curry. Please read through the entire process and recipes first before you try it.
First of all we will prepare the Egg curry as Appam tastes better when its hot.
Egg Curry Recipe:
- Hard Boiled Eggs: 4
- Fine sliced Onions: 3
- Chopped Ginger: 1 Tsp
- Chopped Garlic: 1 Tsp
- Coconut milk: 1/2 Cup
- Water: 1/2 Cup
- Vinegar: 1/4 Tsp Optional
- Curry leaves: 1 Sprig
- Chilli Powder: 1 and half Tsp
- Coriander Powder: 1 and half Tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 Tsp
- Garam masala: 1/2 Tsp
- Heat oil in a pan and add ginger, garlic, onion and curry leaves and saute it until the onion is light brown in color. Add salt to speed up the process and be careful and not burn the onion completely.
- Reduce the flames to low and add some water, chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and garam masala and stir well. Add some more water, cover the pan with a lid, and cook for another 15 minutes on medium flame. Stir occasionally.
- Add the coconut milk and add required amount of salt. Stir well.
- Now add the hard boiled eggs after slicing them into 2. Cover the eggs with the gravy of the curry and cook for another 2 to 3 mins in medium flame.
Now that the curry is ready we will start preparing the Appam.
Kerala Appam Recipe:
- White raw rice: 3 cups (finely powdered)
- Coconut: 1
- Yeast: 1 Tsp
- Sugar: 4 Tsp
- Water: 1
- Lukewarm water: 1/2 cup
- Cooked rice: 2 Tbsp
- Salt: 1/2 Tsp
- Gingelly oil – As needed
- Mix sugar, yeast and water and keep it aside for around 15 mins (that is until it ferments).
- Grind the cooked rice with some water to make a paste.
- Mix the rice flour, rice paste, fermented yeast and water and knead for around 5 to 10 mins. Then keep it aside for 4 hours for the fermentation process.
- Add 3 cups of water and the extracted milk from the coconut to the dough and make it a thin fine batter without any lumps. Add sugar and salt according to taste.
- Now warm up the palappam chatti/ the vessel for cooking the “Appam”/Kadai. Once it is warmed up rub gingelly oil/Sesame oil onto the vessel.
- Then pour 3 to 4 tbsp of the batter and rotate the Kadai/Vessel by hand so that some of the batter coats the sides of the Kadai and the reminder of the batter collected at the center.
- Now cover the Kadai with a tight fitting lid, lower the flame and cook for 3 mins.
- After that check if its ready. If the Appam is ready the edges of the appam will be like crisp lace and the center will be soft and well risen.
The Appam tastes delicious when served with Egg curry.
Learn how to cook delicious Vegetable Biriyani the easiest way. This biriyani is to be served with Mint Chutney or plain yogurt.
- 2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter), or olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 (1 inch) piece cinnamon stick
- 7 peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced potato
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red chile pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups basmati rice, rinsed and drained
- Heat Ghee in a pan (which can hold the whole biriyani) until its melted. After its melted add onion and cook until its soft and light brown in color.
- Add cinnamon, cumin seeds, and pepper corns. Stir until the cumin seeds start to pop. It will take around 3 mins.
- Add ginger garlic paste, tomatoes, and 1/2 cup water to it and again stir a little bit. Then wait until the water has evaporated.
- Add peas, carrot and potato and again stir once its mixed properly season with chicken bouillon, salt, red chile, black pepper, garam masala, and turmeric. Cook for 4 mins, on medium flame with top covered.
- Add 4 cups of water bring the flame to high. Wait until the water starts to boiled. Then add the basmati rice and stir. Then cover the pan, reduce the flame to medium wait for around 9 mins.
- After that check if the rice has softened, if not, continue to cook it until it softens. You may want to stir often so that the rice doesn’t get burnt.
- Green mango – 2 nos
- Kashmiri chilli – 10 nos
- Coconut – 1/2
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Small onion – 2 nos
- Salt to taste
- Grind chillies to a fine paste.
- Peel and slice the mangoes and apply a little salt to the slices.
- Grate coconut and extract milk.
- Slice onion.
- Heat oil and fry sliced onion till brown.
- Add chilli paste and fry for a little while, add coconut milk and a little water.
- When the curry starts boiling, add mango slices and cook till done.
- Add a little salt if desired.
- Beef – 1/2 kg
- Garlic chopped – 2 tsp
- Green chilli split – 15 Nos.
- Ginger chopped – 1 tbsp
- Big onion sliced – 4 nos
- soya sauce – 3 tbsp
- Chilli sauce – 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Corn flour – 1/2 tsp
- Ajinomoto – 1/4 tsp
- Oil to need
- Salt to taste
- Cut the meat to small lengthy pieces.
- Add salt and cook.
- Heat oil and saute using ginger, onion, garlic and green chilli.
- Add cooked meat and stir for some time.
- Add Soya sauce, chilly sauce and pepper powder and stir again.
- Mix corn flour 1/2 cup with water and pour into the cooked meat. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Once the cornflour coating has a shiny posture remove it from the fire.
- Serve hot.
- Salad oil – 1/2 cup
- Vinegar – 1/4 cup
- Beated Garlic – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- lettuce – 1
- Capsicum Red & Green – 2 numbers ( diced in the shape of a square)
- Big onion – sliced – 1 no.
- Boiled egg – sliced – 4 eggs
- Bean sprouts -1/4 cup
- Pomegranate – 1 no.
- Pepper powder to need
- Grated cheese – 1/2 cup
- Mix Salad oil, vinegar, garlic & salt. ( For salad dressing).
- Dice Lettuce to small square pieces.
- Take one lettuce in a bowl and then add one layer of diced capsicum.
- Then add a layer of onion and sliced egg.
- Next layer should be the bean sprouts and then the pomegranate layer.
- Put salt and peer onto it and then put the grated cheese.
- Onto the top of the upper most layer add the salad dressing which we prepared in the first step.
Diced Vazhapindi(Plantain Stem) – 2cup
Coconut grated – 3/4 cup
Cherupayar parippu(Green Gram Dal) – 1 cup
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Garlic – 2 flakes
Green chilli – 8 nos
Small onion – 2 nos.
Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
Mustard – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Cook Green Gram Dal
- Beat Coconut, turmeric powder, Garlic, Green chilli and small onion.
- Heat oil in a pan and crackle mustard.
- Add curry leaves to it.
- Once its almost brown in colour add Diced Plantain stem & salt and cook.
- Add cooked dal and the beaten ingredients, mix them well.
- Stir it until the water drains almost completely.
- Serve hot.
- Grated coconut – 2 cup
- Sugar – 1.5 cup
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Essence – 1/2 tsp
- Boil1/4cup sugar with water.
- Check whetehr its ready, by taking the mixture in a spoon and pouring back, if its flowing very slowly in the form of a thread, its ready, then add coconut and stir for sometime..
- Add ghee and essence and again stir for sometime.
- Once the mixture thickens and becomes hard to stir remove it from the fire.
- Take the mixture into a plat on which ghee has been applied properly on the surface.
- Now you can wait till its cooled down, and then cut it into desired shapes and use it.
Grand Mercure Baolong Hotel Shanghai located in this colourful metropolis, the hotel artfully blends contemporary and local design, with well appointed rooms. With superior bedding, broad band internet access, multi-lingual news channels and 24 hour room service, the hotel offers genuinely superior standards of comfort and service. Guests on our Executive Floor can enjoy aperiodic exclusive complimentary benefits during their business trip.
Enjoy an exciting culinary journey from all over the world. The culinary experience at our hotel is as diverse as shanghai. Tian Di Show Kitchen Restaurant – blending art with taste in this heavenly eatery, Shanghai Restaurant – to taste the best Shanghainese cuisine, Café 180 Western Restaurant – to trendy and contemporary, features a global culinary experience, Blue Smoke Bar – to enjoy light snack, Aqua Lounge- relaxing and soothing under the majestic spiral staircase with running waterfalls and streams, Meanwhile,we also provide 24-hours In Room dining service, which is the ultimate convenience for the early risers, a romantic dinner for couples or a hospitable gathering for friends. The choices are from light snacks/refreshments to full-course meals. Call us upon all the pampering touches.
For Reservation, please call: (86 21) 3505 9666-5888
Grand Mercure Baolong Shanghai offers a professional and flexible space for conducting business. Its full complement of 7 meeting rooms for 10 to 350 people are each equipped with state-of-the-art audio visual equipment. The new Golden Ballroom can cater for 1,000 guests with 7 meter high ceiling & 800 sqm approx of floor space with no pillars is the ideal venue to bring a touch of glamour to your events. No details are too small to escape the attention of the Grand Mercure Baolong Shanghai’s team, where they are dedicated to ensuring your event is absolutely perfect.
Contact our meeting&events consultant :
Tel: (86 21) 3505 9666-5888
Surprise your family and friends with traditional Chinese gifts and walk away with an unique souvenir to remember your trip from the exquisite Grand Mercure collection. All items are specially designed for Grand Mercure Baolong Hotel.
This high grade leather binder with Chinese embroidery insignia on the front cover makes a perfect gift for friends, colleagues and business associates. Use it when attending meetings or simply place it on your coffee table or office desk.
Surprise your little one with this gift. A large selection of traditional Chinese clothes from the exquisite Grand Mercure collection can be replaced onto the panda.