When my children and I knew we had to move, I started looking at Lewisville TX apartments for rent. We had never lived in an apartment before, but we have visited quite a few people who have. My parents have one, my two brothers have one, and a few of my friends do too. I always thought I wanted to have a home instead, but there is so much work that is required when having a home over an apartment. Just having someone else take care of the maintenance, even the basic jobs, was well worth the move for us.
Deciding we wanted an apartment was the easy part. Finding the one we liked best was a bit harder. Continue reading
I just love wearing things that make me look pulled together. Years ago, you could find me wearing a pear of flip flops, jeans and a t-shirt, and that was about it. I did not get much respect because people saw me as much younger than I really was. And this became a bigger problem in the workplace when I mostly looked like a sloppy teen. I started paying attention to how I did my hair, wearing designer sunglasses and nice suits. Things really changed for me after that.
For the longest time, I tried to tell myself that I simply looked young and there was nothing I could do about it. I also chalked up the lack of disrespect to being very tiny and short. But over time I had to face the reality that I was part of the problem. If you don’t care about the way that you present yourself, people notice it and treat you the way you treat yourself.
When I started pulling my hair back, people noticed and said how nice I looked. I threw away almost all pairs of my sloppy looking flats and started wearing high heels. I put on a suit from time to time, or wore dresses. The way that people reacted toward this change in my attire was fascinating! It also felt good to have people finally giving me the respect that I deserved The nice thing is that you do not have to spend a lot of money to look good. I used to think that wearing t-shirts and jeans was good enough because they are inexpensive. But the truth of the matter is that I only need to pay attention to sales to find a pair of sunglasses for as little as 75 percent off or a suit for 50 percent off.
I have just started working on getting settled in down here in Texas. We are living in a suburb of the state capital of Austin, TX. Milly got transferred down here and her boss found a good job for me, since it made no sense for us to move here without both of us drawing a check every week. We are looking to buy or build a house, although so far we are renting a house. We have learned that things are a bit different here. If you go check out this site https://www.choosetexaspower.org/energy-plans.html then you can figure out how you get to pick your own power company down here. From what I have read there are something in the area of one hundred different electric providers in the state of Texas. Continue reading
I am trying to figure out my budget so that I can afford a few things. The fist thing is that I would like to find a new apartment in Manchester CT. I have no real need to have a place that is any nicer than the one that I have and the location of this place is really good for me. I can get up, get ready and get to work in about half an hour. The place would be fine if I did not have a couple of maniacs living down the hall from me. The entire problem is that there are these two guys who can not stand one another and have made it an issue for all of the other residents of the place. In fact I sort of wonder if these guys are not real threats to do something quite crazy. Continue reading
This is a very easy spicy potato masala receipe. Potato loved by all age groups, so you will love this dish. This can go as a starter or side dish for main meal.
Let’s start to make spicy potato tawa masala.
- 3-4 big half boiled potato
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1/2 tbsp red chill powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp mango powder(aam chur)
- 1 tbsp hing (Asafoetida)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Peel off the potato skin and cut it in round circle
- Take a bowl and mix ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, red chilli powder, garam masala, aam chur powder, turmeric, coriander powder, corn flour( for coating), hing for taste
- Mix everything properly and make a mixture to marinate, the marinate mixture should stick to potato properly
- Now coat the potato one by one with the mixture
- Take a non stick pan and put some oil for shallow fry
- Start putting the potatoes and keep toasting it on both sides
- The color would turn to golden brown , make sure you toast on medium flame for 2-3 minutes, so that the masala didn’t get burn and it get cooked properly.
- Once its cooked, take it out from pan and serve
Tip: You can garnish with chopped coriander(dhaniya).
This is the easiest and quick recipe and loved by everyone. Kids love this dish. It would take 10 minutes max to cook. We can also used this as dosa potato masala and it will go with dosa and, chappati as well.
- 4-5 big boiled potatoes(Mashed)
- 1 large onion chopped
- 5-6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Jeera (cumin seeds)
- 1 green chilli chopped
- 1 cup chopped Fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp of refined oil or olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Head the pan and add 1 tbsp oil
- Add green chilli, cumin seeds, onion and garlic and stir for about 1 minute
- Add chilli powder, turmeric, salt. Mix properly and saute on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add mashed potatoes and increase the heat and fry till it gets little brown
- Add the fresh coriander and mix it completely to make it bit sof
- Server the dish and garnish it with chopped fresh coriander.
Tip: If we use a ingredient twice in a dish , then every time it will give different flavor.
Like in this mixed coriander in dish and garnish coriander will add different flavor which would make it more delicious
Appam Mutta Curry is perhaps the most famous Kerala dish outside and inside of Kerala. Here is the steps to prepare the one and only Appam & Mutta Curry. For all non-keralites you can call it Kerala Style lacy pancakes and egg curry. Please read through the entire process and recipes first before you try it.
First of all we will prepare the Egg curry as Appam tastes better when its hot.
Egg Curry Recipe:
- Hard Boiled Eggs: 4
- Fine sliced Onions: 3
- Chopped Ginger: 1 Tsp
- Chopped Garlic: 1 Tsp
- Coconut milk: 1/2 Cup
- Water: 1/2 Cup
- Vinegar: 1/4 Tsp Optional
- Curry leaves: 1 Sprig
- Chilli Powder: 1 and half Tsp
- Coriander Powder: 1 and half Tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 Tsp
- Garam masala: 1/2 Tsp
- Heat oil in a pan and add ginger, garlic, onion and curry leaves and saute it until the onion is light brown in color. Add salt to speed up the process and be careful and not burn the onion completely.
- Reduce the flames to low and add some water, chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and garam masala and stir well. Add some more water, cover the pan with a lid, and cook for another 15 minutes on medium flame. Stir occasionally.
- Add the coconut milk and add required amount of salt. Stir well.
- Now add the hard boiled eggs after slicing them into 2. Cover the eggs with the gravy of the curry and cook for another 2 to 3 mins in medium flame.
Now that the curry is ready we will start preparing the Appam.
Kerala Appam Recipe:
- White raw rice: 3 cups (finely powdered)
- Coconut: 1
- Yeast: 1 Tsp
- Sugar: 4 Tsp
- Water: 1
- Lukewarm water: 1/2 cup
- Cooked rice: 2 Tbsp
- Salt: 1/2 Tsp
- Gingelly oil – As needed
- Mix sugar, yeast and water and keep it aside for around 15 mins (that is until it ferments).
- Grind the cooked rice with some water to make a paste.
- Mix the rice flour, rice paste, fermented yeast and water and knead for around 5 to 10 mins. Then keep it aside for 4 hours for the fermentation process.
- Add 3 cups of water and the extracted milk from the coconut to the dough and make it a thin fine batter without any lumps. Add sugar and salt according to taste.
- Now warm up the palappam chatti/ the vessel for cooking the “Appam”/Kadai. Once it is warmed up rub gingelly oil/Sesame oil onto the vessel.
- Then pour 3 to 4 tbsp of the batter and rotate the Kadai/Vessel by hand so that some of the batter coats the sides of the Kadai and the reminder of the batter collected at the center.
- Now cover the Kadai with a tight fitting lid, lower the flame and cook for 3 mins.
- After that check if its ready. If the Appam is ready the edges of the appam will be like crisp lace and the center will be soft and well risen.
The Appam tastes delicious when served with Egg curry.
Learn how to cook delicious Vegetable Biriyani the easiest way. This biriyani is to be served with Mint Chutney or plain yogurt.
- 2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter), or olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 (1 inch) piece cinnamon stick
- 7 peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced potato
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red chile pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups basmati rice, rinsed and drained
- Heat Ghee in a pan (which can hold the whole biriyani) until its melted. After its melted add onion and cook until its soft and light brown in color.
- Add cinnamon, cumin seeds, and pepper corns. Stir until the cumin seeds start to pop. It will take around 3 mins.
- Add ginger garlic paste, tomatoes, and 1/2 cup water to it and again stir a little bit. Then wait until the water has evaporated.
- Add peas, carrot and potato and again stir once its mixed properly season with chicken bouillon, salt, red chile, black pepper, garam masala, and turmeric. Cook for 4 mins, on medium flame with top covered.
- Add 4 cups of water bring the flame to high. Wait until the water starts to boiled. Then add the basmati rice and stir. Then cover the pan, reduce the flame to medium wait for around 9 mins.
- After that check if the rice has softened, if not, continue to cook it until it softens. You may want to stir often so that the rice doesn’t get burnt.